TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payments may be made by bank transfer or credit card and must be received in full 14 days prior to the course start date. A deposit must be paid immediately upon booking. A booking confirmation will only be sent when a deposit has been received. Bank details are provided on the invoice. Payment must include all bank transfer charges (including intermediary bank charges).
– Jordan issues visas to U.S. citizens for a fee at most international ports of entry and at most international land border crossings upon arrival. The visa currently costs 40 JD ($56.50 USD) for a single entry, 60 JD ($85.00 USD) for two entries, and 120 JD ($170.00 USD) for a multiple entry visa.
Certain nationalities require an entry visa to be obtained prior to travel. Please select from the drop-down list below to see which nationalities require visa clearance. The below list is meant solely as a useful tool and the data within it is subject to change without prior notice. It is recommended that you check with the Jordanian diplomatic mission in your country prior to travel to ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork for travel. – See more at:
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION FEES
– Written notification of cancellation must be submitted in order to provide refunds. All refunds are made to the original fee payer.
– If Al Baher cancels a program after a student’s enrolment, Al Baher will refund all fees already paid.
– In the event that a refund is due, proportional refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis. When determining the number of weeks, Al Baher will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day during the scheduled week.
Accommodation cancellation prior to arrival:
Students cancelling fewer than 14 days before arrival will be charged a two weeks accommodation fee at the standard accommodation rate and accommodation placement fee.
Accommodation cancellation after arrival
Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. After deducting the price of accommodation used, including the required notice period, charged at standard accommodation rates, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
If the 4 weeks notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 6 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply.
Please note: Certain accommodation options may be subject to special cancellation charges. Should these differ from above, students will be notified at the time of cancellation.
Course cancellation, reduction after arrival or “no shows”:
For courses of 4 weeks or fewer, lessons cannot be cancelled. Tuition fees are not refundable.
For courses of 5 weeks & over:
– Students must advise Al Baher by the Sunday prior to course termination at the latest.
– Students who terminate their course in the first 5 weeks: will be refunded all tuition except the first 5 weeks (at the non-discounted rate.)
– Students who terminate their course after the 5th week of their course will not be refunded.
Refund Due Dates
– For students cancelling before arrival, refunds will be made within 30 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the documented date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
– For students cancelling after arrival, the refund due will be paid within 30 calendar days from the last day of a student’s attendance.
– Any refunds due will be paid to the person or organization who originally paid the fees.
CHANGES TO ENROLMENT
Al Baher reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 150 USD each time the course, accommodation or centre is changed or postponed after Al Baher has confirmed the initial enrolment. This also includes requests for changes whilst the student is at school.
Session breaks are dependent upon destination, course duration and visa requirements and are subject to Al Baher’s session break policy.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS – FALLING ON A WEEKDAY
Al Baher center will be closed on Public Holidays. The center do not make up for lessons missed on these dates. Exceptions are made for One-to-One lessons, which will be made up. There is no refund for lessons missed.
LEVEL OF ARABIC
If a student does not have the minimum level of Arabic language required to follow a specific course, as determined by Al Baher’s Placement Test, Al Baher reserves the right to move the student to an appropriate course for their level.
– Courses run from Saturday to Thursday and are scheduled in the morning and/or afternoon. Specific timetables cannot be guaranteed.
– Special focus classes, free language workshops and language activities may vary and are subject to change due to availability.
– Private lessons will be scheduled subject to teacher/ classroom availability.
– Al Baher reserves the right to use classrooms in alternative premises of a similar standard.
– Students arriving between 20.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation in a hotel on their first night due to late/early arrival at accommodation. Some accommodation options may charge late arrival surcharges, this information is available on request.
– Where possible special dietary requirements will be accommodated. Availability and any applicable fees will be confirmed upon request.
– Al Baher may use carefully selected partners to house students with suitable Home stay providers.
– Students must arrive at Home stay accommodation before 21:00. Students arriving after 21:00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation in a hotel on their first night due to late/early arrival at Home stay.
Please note Al Baher does not provide supervision for students.
Al Baher reserves the right to expel students for unacceptable or unlawful behavior or lack of attendance. No refund will be given and any unpaid fees become immediately payable. Repatriation is at student’s own expense. Al Baher requires that students maintain an attendance level of a minimum of 80% or greater.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING
Students agree that photographs, videos, artwork or other works, as well as recorded or written testimonials; may be used, stored or transferred internationally by Al Baher, or by a third party agent, for promotional purposes including printed and online marketing materials and on any social media network without further consent or notification. If students do not wish to participate, Al Baher will respect their wishes but it is the student’s responsibility to absent themselves from the photograph/video.
Students must report any mental or physical illness, allergy, disability or condition that may interfere with their ability to successfully complete their program, that may impact the wellbeing of any other student or staff member, that may require monitoring, treatment or emergency intervention during the student’s period of enrolment, or that may require special accommodation. Al Baher reserves the right to terminate a student’s enrolment if the students’ participation represents a risk to their, other students or staff members’ health and safety, or if, notwithstanding reasonable accommodations, in the opinion of Al Baher, the student’s physical or mental condition makes the student unable to successfully complete their program. Refunds are at the discretion of Al Baher.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
Students must pay the full cost of any damage they cause to property. Damage deposits may apply to certain accommodation options. These are payable upon arrival, or the first day of school.
– Students must have adequate health, accident and travel insurance while attending any programs. Al Baher center require students to show a proof of health insurance upon arrival. Where proof is not available, students must immediately purchase at least one week’s insurance from Al Baher. Al Baher reserves the right to claim this cost from uninsured students, and during this week students must purchase insurance for their entire stay. Uninsured students may not attend class until proof of insurance is available, and will not be refunded for lost class time.
– Al Baher insurance is compulsory for students attending On-Campus.
Al Baher and its staff and representatives will not be liable for loss, damage or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by law. Al Baher will not be liable in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by Al Baher becomes impossible to supply for any reason or any cause outside the control of Al Baher.
Al Baher will not be responsible for any failure to comply with any of its obligations (and therefore shall not be required to provide any compensation) if the failure is occasioned by any cause beyond Al Baher’s reasonable control. Nor shall Al Baher be responsible for any costs incurred by or on behalf of the student as a result of any such cause. Such causes shall include but shall not be limited to act of government, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, unusually adverse weather conditions and infectious diseases.
Students attending an on campus school are advised that campus facilities may not be available during campus holidays. On Campus schools may require students to provide a Health Declaration and Immunization form in advance of arrival.
Al Baher Terms and Conditions are applicable to all students and agents representing students.
Prices are valid from 1 January 2016. Prices are subject to change without notice and will be confirmed upon invoicing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The current Al Baher Terms and Conditions supersede any previous Terms & Conditions that were applicable at the time of student’s booking